Case for Automation
IT data migration involves the transfer of data from one storage or computing system to another.
This function is necessary in a variety of situations, such as when a server is being replaced, storage devices are undergoing changes, or there is a need to consolidate data in one data centre.
IT data migration is also integral to the replacement of on-premise solutions with cloud environments, a process that may raise security and resource management concerns.
- Recognizes XML elements and attributes
- Sorts IT data by file and folder
- Creates mapping documents
- Maps migrated data fields to target tables and fields
- Converts files into target formats
- Structures migrated data
- Updates data schemas regularly
- Creates regular reports on parts of IT data migrated
- Notifies IT managers at each step of migration