Case for Automation
Apart from HR involvement, the onboarding process involves the IT department with configuring and setting up new users’ workstations.
This process — which includes installing software and drivers, as well as setting up OS in the IT infrastructure — may take up to 8 work hours when performed manually. This adversely affects the productivity of the IT team as well as the new employee.
- Builds list of relevant, drivers, and OS in Excel spreadsheet
- Logs into corporate systems and sets up email service
- Creates accounts for relevant corporate CRM and ERP systems
- Configures user workstation parameters
- Creates report on each stage of setup and configuration
- Resolves inefficiencies and delays within IT onboarding process
- Emails stakeholders upon completion of tasks